Not finding out whether Baby Rhea is a boy or girl has had it's perks as well as a few bummers. The definite perks besides the excitement of making baby's arrival even extra anticipated and having something to look forward to as the last weeks creep by are that it's saved us a lot of money. With all the holiday bazaars, I would have bought more baby clothes then Baby Rhea could wear in a lifetime if I knew if shem was a girl or boy. And hey, I've got plenty of years to shop for clothes so holding off for a few months is "nothing" (okay, it's harder than you think but I'm almost to the finish line--and I didn't resist all together...I did purchase a few gender-specific outfits but won't disclose what gender. Figured if I was incorrect, I'd give the items as baby gifts.).
Also when registering, we choose everything gender neutral, so it would work both ways which will be handy if we are blessed with additional Baby Rhea's. This is also the motto for the nursery. Although technically no nursery exists currently since we won't be in Tupelo when Baby Rhea arrives and don't want to set up everything in our Memphis house since we are hoping it sells soon-- so you must be asking, where we plan on bringing Baby Rhea home to. Well, my parents have graciously "offered" for us to move in with them...in reality, I informed them we are moving in. And they couldn't be more thrilled that myself (pregnant & hormonal), Harris (Tupelo-living baby daddy), baby (pooping & crying), Sadie (food & tennis ball obsessed) and Sissy (sick & nearly on her death bed) are going to be roommates. They have John's baby bed set up, fresh from when Mary was born (nearly 9 years ago) so Baby Rhea will have a temporary nursery.
Although no nursery exists quite yet, we do have a crib. Baby Rhea will lay shem's head in the same bed as I did when I was little and enjoy the teeth marks that I left on it when I was a baby. Harris assembled the baby bed to make sure after 28 years no parts are missing.
We are "splurging" and going to get shem a new mattress instead of using the plastic maybe vinyl mattress that I used. (I'm pretty sure mice probably have lived in it at one point over the years and if they haven't lived in it, they definitely have pooped on it.) Gosh, the things we will do for our kids.
But I did order the baby bedding for our future nursery. We (I...like Harris had a preference although I did ask him) choose creams and a taupe and figured I will accessorize with color (well, my sister will...she's our personal/free interior decorator. And she's dang good at it too. She even picked out the bedding fabrics.). The fuzzy cream fabric is the bumper pad with the ties and top ruffle in a browny/taupe linen. And the dust ruffle is the bottom fabric which is a cream linen. The crib sheet & blanket will be some undetermined color once Baby Rhea arrives. And for future Baby Rhea's, we'll use the same bedding yet the accent colors can be changed and the room will look completely different! 


No comments:
Post a Comment