We stayed at our house over the long MLK holiday weekend. It was nice being in our house as a family. But staying at our house triggers the reality that Sissy isn't with us anymore so I spent much of the time crying as the house just isn't the same without her.
She loved napping in the bowl on the coffee table.
She found unique places to hang out.
She loved looking out the window.
I could go on and on...
I'm sure you see by my posts that I take a bunch of pictures. Well, I started taking video clips on my camera. I videoed some of the things that Sissy did that always made me smile, such as her routine to tell me she was hungry, playing with Sadie, chasing bugs, etc. I truly cherish that I have some of these things captured now that she is gone. Most of the files are too large to upload, but here is a short one of Sadie and Sissy playing.
It's extra tough for me because I felt like it was Sadie, Sissy, and I going through the pregnancy. Harris was in Tupelo for the majority of the time so it was just us three. They were there each night when I was waking up to potty, listening to me moan when I was climbing out of bed, or sitting on the couch while I stuffed my face. Sissy became sick while I was pregnant so I was spending extra time giving her medicine or special food, taking her to vets, and up at night worrying about her. In a way it was like I was being prepared for caring for a baby/child. She slept on my chest/baby bump many nights and if not on my chest then snuggled on my pillow. Now, I have Clayton sleeping in my bed and most nights sleeping on my chest. I truly think Sissy knew I was pregnant, so it makes me sad that she couldn't meet her sister.
The real reason I wrote this post was to remind everyone to cherish the days with those that you love and snap some pictures (and video tape) of the memories along the way.
(Some of you are thinking that it's absurd that I'm still devastated since it's been 2.5 months since she died and I should be over it. Well if you are then sadly you haven't had a strong connection to a pet and you're definitely missing out. And if you think I'm crazy, I don't give a poop.)










This was a very sweet post. I had to tell you I would feel the same if something happened to Wally. Sorry about Sissy. I'm glad you have the memories. And, of course, congrats to you and Harris on the birth of Clayton! I'm so happy for y'all, and glad I can follow you guys here.
ReplyDelete