Clayton at 15 months....
- Although Clayton still likes to run around her crib when she wakes up from a nap, her new thing is jumping. She likes to hold the sides and jump or likes for you to hold her hands as she jumps in her crib and giggles with delight.
- Still a dancing machine. Dances to any and all music. Whether a song on the radio or a commercial jingle on TV, Clayton is jiving. Her Mimi (my mom) says she is a "hoochie-kootchie" dancer. She likes to shimmie her shoulders and shake her hips. Yep, her mom with no dance skills has has taught her a few moves.
- I have a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my car console that I use when I return to the car after going into a public place (aka dirty Walmart/ gas pump). Clayton has picked up on this and watches me and holds her hands out and squeals telling me to put it on her hands too. Hope I'm not creating a germiphobe.
- When Clayton falls and her hands get dirt on them, she runs over to me or whoever is around her holding her hands out wanting them to get the dirt off. Really hope this "fear" is over by the time we get to the beach. Sand may not be her friend.
- Clayton has become a picky eater. I offer her an all you-can-eat buffet at nearly every meal. The majority of it ends up thrown across the kitchen for Sadie to eat. I keep trying to tell her that fruit is expensive but it doesn't seem to phase her. The few things she eats and doesn't always get spit out or tossed include: turkey and ham deli meat, french fries (loves), fried chicken nuggets, bananas, animal crackers, cookies, and a few others. But I will say, I wouldn't have a baby without a dog. I wouldn't be sane if we didn't have our furry maid.
- She tugs on her hair when she is nervous or unsure of something. An example is when she is meeting someone new. But it doesn't take long because she warms up quickly and is chatty-kathy although her chatting primarily consists of "heeeey!"
- Likes to carry drinks around. Her favorite are fast food cups. Your guard must be up whenever you have a drink because Clayton will gank it at any chance she gets.
- Lemons and limes are a favorite snack when we are at restaurants. However, she eats the rind too.
- She points with a limp wrist and it is usually followed with, "da." Everything is "da." Harris is "daaaaaa."
- Said "uh-oh" for the first time (used to just be uh with no oh) when she insisted on putting her riding toy on the couch to ride and then it fell off. (I've given up asking why.) I happened to catch it on camera. You can watch it here. Uh-oh's happen at an unbelievable rate at our house. I try to convey to Clayton that throwing food isn't an uh-oh. No luck. Everything is uh-oh.
- "What sound does a tiger make?" isn't the only question that Clayton is asked for a response. "Where's your tongue?" and "What noise does a puppy dog make?" have been added to the mix. And "Who/Who's....... (ex. loves their momma/ took a long nap today/ wants to go to the park)?" is asked a bunch. Clayton raises her hand to any "who" question.
- Clayton is a huge believer of unloading the dishwasher anytime the door is open. Dirty or clean, she doesn't care. She hands me all the silverware one at a time so I can put it in the drawer, then moves on to the other items in the bottom rack and then stands on the door hoping she can help unload the top rack. We have to keep the dishwasher door closed because if not she will open it and unload the dishes onto the floor and to make sure she doesn't grab a knife. A side story: I was gone one night and when I came home, Harris said that Clayton and him unloaded the dishwasher. He said she went nuts when he was trying to unload it and it was obviously it wasn't her first rodeo. Made me smile. Taught my little one to be a domestic goddess at an early age.
- Big dipper. She wants to dip all her food in any kind of dip, sauce, or anything possible. So many snacks at our house are crackers and dip (yogurt).
- As soon as I walk in her room after she wakes up, she squeals with excitement and then points at the window signaling me to raise the blinds. I guess I got in the habit of opening them before I got her out of her crib so she now reminds me. She then yells, "heeeeey" to Sadie who follows me in Clayton's room to get her out of bed. Sadie is excited she is awake hoping Clayton will be giving her food shortly.
- Really loves her big sister, Sadie. Squeals with delight when Sadie is around and pats her (violently), which Sadie looks at me like, "why is she spanking me?". Gives her kisses frequently and certainly shares her snacks and any food with her. Think her motto is I'll eat one and then Sadie will eat two.
Every month I keep thinking this is my favorite age. Truly every age with Clayton has been a blessing and delight. She certainly keeps me on my toes and is a wild woman but she is so fun. But more than fun she is loving. She is too busy to snuggle much these days but when she stops to give me a kiss or a hug there is not a better feeling in the world. Oh, angel baby of mine.....words can't describe how much I love you.




No comments:
Post a Comment