Thursday, January 10, 2013

25 Months Old


25 Months Old Claytonisms
  • Sweet as pie- Clayton really is the sweetest little girl.  She is full of hugs and kisses.  Although she occasionally (ok frequently) is required to give a hug or kiss in order to receive what she wants.  "I can't get up unless I get a kiss."  A few times she refuses but she is now used to paying for demands with love.  
  • Potty Pooper- Clayton has gotten pretty good at letting us know that she needs to poo and goes on the potty.  (This excludes anytime she decides to paint the walls while in her crib.)  However, she hasn't quite mastered tee-teeing on the potty.  We are working on this soon.
  • "Hurry!"- is a common word heard at our house.  Clayton loves saying it as she runs and usually while giggling.  Whether it's running to the potty or playing kitchen and the oven timer beeps, she likes to say, "Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!"  Her version sounds more like, "her-wee."
  • "Noooowww!"- is another common word heard around our house.  Think she picked this up from my mom who tells her "Now!" in situations such as fixing something for her, readjusting her clothes, or changing her diaper and sending her on her way.
  • "Oh Boy!" / "Wow!"/ "Oh me gosh!"- are more common expressions of Clayton's.  Obviously she says these when expressing excitement.  They are probably some of my favorites as they make me chuckle.
  • Big Helper- She loves to "help" around the house with projects throughout the day.  Hanging a painting, sewing, cleaning, or cooking, she likes to put her special touch on any task.  I'm hoping she likes to be a big helper when her little sibling arrives as long as it doesn't involve feeding them a choking hazard. 
  • Comprehension-  It's amazing what Clayton comprehends.  Whether it's watching a sad part in a movie or telling her to do something, a child's little brain is impressive and scary at the same time.
  • "Happ-You"- Apparently December with both our birthdays had an influence on Clayton.  She got accustomed to singing "Happy Birthday."  However she gets the "Happ" on happy and then chimes in with "You".  Anytime she sees a candle she thinks it needs to be blown out, which makes it difficult to keep any candle lit around our house and if it's in reaching range, she is going after it which poses a great burn/fire hazard.
  • "Whack whack"-  Feeding the ducks at the park is one of our favorite activities.  She loves to visit the ducks and claps when we drive near the park and screams "duck."  If you ask her what a duck says she says, "whack, whack!"
  • She likes for me to roll down her window while I'm driving.  I then realized she is attempting to throw out snacks.  However the majority don't actually make it out of the window and I have a plethora for any mouse to consume between the door and her seat.  I have no clue how this snack litter bug came to be.  I don't throw stuff out the car window.
  • Fridge Raider-  An unwanted milestone occurred this month when Clayton became able to open the fridge and freezer by herself.  It is now a 24-hour buffet for her.  
  • "I toot!"  This month anytime Clayton burps she says, "I toot!".  Nah, we don't correct her.  It's too funny.
  • Scat!!!  Clayton says "scat" anytime anyone sneezes.  She will scream it from another room.
  • bye bye bye
  • This month she is loving munching on pickles, beans and bread.
  • "Yeah!....ahahaha " is a another common Clayton saying/response to a question.  She will say Yeah! and then follow it up with giggling.  Not sure where she got the giggling from.
  • "I'm pee-pee"-  After a few times of her saying this one night I finally figured out that she was saying, "I'm sleepy!"  For her to actually be tired is amazing but to verbalize it was another milestone that makes me sad as it proves she is growing up way too fast.
  • We have a big Elmo lover on our hands.  She liked Elmo previously but this month her love has kicked into overdrive.  She requests to watch Elmo constantly.  And Sesame Street doesn't cut it since Elmo isn't always on the screen.  Yes, this request gets annoying.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
(Pictures were taken a week late due to the stomach bug hitting our house.)

No comments:

Post a Comment