Friday, July 6, 2012

1st Potty on the Potty

Because Clayton refuses to keep her diaper on and other factors that says she is about ready to potty train, we decided it was worth a try.  She is fascinated with the toilet so I decided a potty seat was the way to go instead of a kiddy potty.  On Monday, we had just returned from buying the potty seat and stool so I sat her on the potty with her clothes on for her to get used to it.  I forgot the M&M's in the kitchen and went to get them, Harris was just coming home from work.  So he ran in there and gave Clayton a M&M as her reward for sitting on the potty.  She was so excited to see her Da and for a M&M.
Then I thought, what the heck, let's take her diaper off and see if she will potty.  Well.....SHE DID!  Harris and I both screamed in excitement, which scared her almost to the point she wanted off the potty.  But we convinced her to to sit for her M&M reward.
 
So proud of our little potty girl!  We have a ways to go but not being at square one is feeling good.  (The real task maybe keeping her Da out of her M&M stash.)

No comments:

Post a Comment