I've had a few people ask me how potty training was going. Well, it started out slow. I thought we would try a week devoted to potty training and after about 4 hours I decided I wasn't cut out for it. I tried to get her on the potty every 15 minutes. She wouldn't potty and then 3 minutes later would go on the floor. So I gave up. That was the beginning of July.
Now, after just slowly working on it, she is pretty good about going on the potty although she has a few accidents....on the floor, couch, and her favorite spot is in her play house.

Most of the time I have to ask her if she needs to potty and she will shake her head if she doesn't and run to the potty if she does. There are a few times she lets me know she needs to potty by pulling on her diaper. Although sometimes that means she just went. Most of the time she has been going diaperless during our training.

I know it's confusing to her to have a diaper on when we leave the house. So at the house she is about 40% potty trained....and that's if I keep up with it. Sometimes I get distracted and the diaper is the solution for the day.

I can only look at the situation as positive. She is only 1.5 and pottying on the potty and understands the concept. She is ready; it's her mom who isn't (not mentally prepared for her to use public restrooms....gross). I am going to fully commit to serious potty training in the next few weeks...even if it drives me to drinking.

Seeing her flush the toilet and scream "bye-bye" while waving will be more delightful after a few drinks anyhow.



No comments:
Post a Comment