She clung to me like a monkey with her head buried in my chest. I pried her off me and gave her to the nice lady (didn't even ask her name again...probably a big lesson in Mom 101 when you are dropping your child off with a stranger) who said she would call me if she still wasn't happy in a bit. I went to the car and tried to decide if I should wait and check on her in 20 minutes through the window. But figured if she wasn't ok they would call me. I went to Connie's Chicken to get a chicken biscuit with gravy and cheese because what doesn't make you feel better than a nice fattening breakfast and a fountain Dr. Pepper? I went back to the house and ran to my phone every time it rang hoping it wasn't MDO calling because she was traumatized. I enjoyed my biscuit and am amazed at how fast I can clean the house without a toddler making messes as I go.
After running to a store to return something, I hurried back to get her right at 12 (yes, 9 to 12 won't kill her). When I went in the room, she was sitting in the lady's lap staring at the kid's playing hide-and-go seek. I said her name and she turned around and her eyes lit up as she saw her momma who abandoned her a few hours prior. She began crying and ran towards me arms open wide. They said she did great and played with everyone until about 11:30 when she just started crying for no reason. I said she didn't sleep the greatest and woke up early (8:15) so I'm sure she is tired.
I tried to comfort her but she said she insisted she needed a good cry. So on and off the whole way to McDonald's (Clayton's comfort food) she cried.
She stopped crying as soon as she got her french fries and chicken nuggets. She overly screamed in excitement when she saw Sadie like they were reuniting after a few years. After enjoying her McDonald's and attempting to destroy the house her mom had just cleaned, she took a much needed nap.
I call the first time a success.....hey, they didn't have to call me to pick her up. She is going again next Wednesday so we shall see.
I call the first time a success.....hey, they didn't have to call me to pick her up. She is going again next Wednesday so we shall see.

No comments:
Post a Comment