Friday, April 26, 2013

New Baby #2- 3rd Trimester Update

Summary of my 3rd trimester of pregnancy with Baby #2:
Clayton and I have been plagued with illness these last couple months and it's been physically and mentally draining to be honest.  One of us would be sick for part of the week, recover over the weekend, and then the other would get sick for the next week.  So frustrating.  Hoping my immunity system is up and running after baby arrives and the warm weather brings less germs.

This trimester I could definitely feel my energy draining.  So, I got in baby preparedness mode and would attempt to tackle my to-do lists as much as possible each day/week.  I am excited that I finished the baby's nursery to a point I'm thrilled with.  Not happy that I didn't get Clayton's room completely decorated before baby comes but I don't have a clear vision for what I want it to look like so I'd rather wait.  I didn't clean the house with a toothbrush like everyone wants to do when preparing for an addition or organize every square inch but I honestly didn't have the energy to as the weeks went on or while battling illness.  I also didn't stock the freezer with frozen meals which I regret but we don't have enough freezer space at the moment so not beating myself up about it.  But I left the house to come to Memphis in great working order for Harris to fend for himself for a bit.

29 Weeks:
 30 Weeks:
 37 Weeks:
39 weeks:


Pregnancy Differences:
  • With Clayton I craved milk which I typically didn't drink just for the heck of it.  This pregnancy it doesn't sound appealing AT ALL.
  • With Clayton I ate little snacks throughout the day and that would satisfy me.  But not with this baby.  I want a FULL meal MANY times a day.
  • Really want a bite of something sweet at night this pregnancy.  Craved sweets with Clayton too.
  • This baby is SO much lower.  Clayton was in my ribs and I was constantly pushing down on my belly because I couldn't breathe when I was sitting.  I felt like she was kicking my boobs while this baby I feel is kicking me in the you-know-what. 
  • Stomach line was much more prominent and appeared much sooner I feel with Clayton. 
  • Other differences that I'm not going to mention on a public blog and that I may remember myself or forget forever.
  • I remember my entire face getting dark spots while pregnant with Clayton.  And with this baby, around week 36/37 they suddenly became more noticeable and I have a dark spot mustache.  However, I'm now thinking that is because I was pregnant in the summer with Clayton and this baby during the winter. Just recently have I been getting in the sun since the weather is finally warming.  So that would answer why that is the case.

Clayton and a New Baby:
I told Clayton awhile ago that momma had a baby in her belly when my stomach started to bulge a tiny bit.  However, didn't mention it again.  But as my belly has been growing, she suddenly out of the blue began rubbing my stomach and saying "baby."  And now she brings my stomach/the baby lovies, toys, french fries to eat and juice to drink.  It's pretty cute, creepy, and funny all at the same time. She loves hugging on the baby.  She will lift my shirt and rub my belly and say baby but many times just chuckles.  Yeah, glad she thinks its funny how big mom is.  She doesn't understand when I say the baby is kicking because she will lift her foot and kick my stomach.  She thinks I'm telling her to kick the baby.  She has called it a baby boy this entire time so we will just have to see if she's right.  Her dad and mom are guessing it's a girl.  If anyone asks her where her new baby is, she points to my stomach.  She will be an incredible big sister.  She most likely be way to eager to help and I'll have to keep a close eye on her but for now I don't think she will intentionally harm the baby which seems only to be a positive thing.  That hopefully will occur years down the line.  (Not hoping it occurs but if it does that it will be years down the line.)


Heartbeat Tracker Update:
 9 weeks: 180 bpm
20 weeks: 145 bpm
24 weeks: 168 bpm (after a lot of sugar)
28 weeks 5 days: 142 bpm
30 weeks: 146 bpm
35 weeks: 160 bpm
36 weeks: 146 bpm
37 weeks: 140 bpm
38 weeks: 146 bpm
39 weeks:130 bpm

(Text from my best friend) 

Final Thoughts:
The third trimester has come and quickly passed.  Heck, the whole pregnancy has been a blur probably because I have another baby to focus on and life doesn't seem to "halt" like it does anticipating a first baby.  Baby will be here within 5 days (my induction date is Wednesday, May 1st @ 5am-- my due date is Thursday, May 2) and that's just crazy.  I know a baby is coming because you can't deny what the body shows however I am not sure my mind has mentally grasped it.  But I don't think I grasped it until a few weeks after Clayton had arrived either because it was surreal thinking that I would be a parent and hard to grasp when I still considered myself a kid (and still do).  It seems like my mind is counting down the days that I have to spend two nights in a hotel (hospital) away from Clayton.  Not because I want to get away from her, but because I've only spent 4 nights away from her ever so I'm rather nervous that she transitions well. 
I get teary eyed when I think about how happy Clayton will be with a sibling yet scared at the same time thinking that I never want her to think that she isn't as important to me or loved because she has a sibling.  She is my life so someone else entering my life and filling it with as much joy as Clayton brings is mind-baffling right now.  
My main concern/worry I have right now about baby coming is the day of and Clayton.  I want it to be a special time for her meeting her sibling and it stresses me out thinking that she will get overlooked in the shuffle.  Also, I don't want Clayton to get freaked out thinking I'm injured in any sort of way because she is very sensitive if I have a boo-boo or am hurt.  
And I have to say that I am not nervous that I won't be able to "handle" another child or that another one isn't going to be work.  I feel like that is one of the main concerns people voice about a second baby.  Well yes, I expect a baby to be work but I'm not the first person to have a second baby so this seriously can't be a worry that keeps me up at night.  We will learn to adjust and find a routine.  I'm sure there will be some patience testing and more booze consumed but everyone will wear at least semi-clean clothes and get fed most days.  

1 comment: