June 10 was Clayton's 6 month birthday!
And we celebrated by taking her on a beach vacation :)
I'm not sure where the last six months have gone but sadly they have gone by FAST. Seems like last week, Harris and I were walking up to the hospital at 4am not knowing what to expect and not grasping the reality that we would be leaving with our world completely changed for the better. Of course, I can't imagine life without our bouncing (all the time) bundle of joy.
"Last week" Harris asked me, "When is she going to respond to us? When is she going to crawl? When is she going to....?" I kept telling him that I promise it wouldn't be long and he needed to enjoy these days when she simply sleeps and eats and isn't mobile. Well, those days have come and gone.
A few things about our bouncing bundle at 6 months.
- Constantly on the move- Whether it's jumping or kicking, her legs are always moving. She loves to "jump, jump, jump" in her exersaucer or for someone to hold her up so she can jump. Not sure where she gets her ADHD from. ha
- A loud mouth- She loves to scream for the fun of it. It's extremely loud and she's proud of her vocal cords. It's comical except when we are in public, trying to talk on the phone or watch tv.
- Pap's not her friend- She won't suck a pacifier except to chew on it as a teether. Started to be a thumb sucker for a bit but she's dropped that. She enjoys chewing on her hand or fingers sometimes. Maybe it's because she's teething but she's run off the tooth fairy (probably due to her screaming) and he/she (guess it's a girl) won't visit.
- Pause and go- Clayton started sitting up at 6 months and then in the same week started rocking on all fours. (and by the time I got around to posting this...she's crawling.)
- Water baby- She loves the pool or taking baths so much so that she has fallen asleep in both. Not under the water of course.

No comments:
Post a Comment