Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Beach and Baba's- Day 1

My family took our annual trip to the beach two weeks ago to Orange Beach, Alabama. It was Clayton and Ella's first trip to the beach. Unfortunately John (my brother) had to work and Harris doesn't really like the beach so decided to skip out which turns out he couldn't get away from work anyway. Hopefully next year everyone can make it.

I LOVE the beach so I hope (requiring) Clayton has fond memories of our beach vacations when she grows up. Harris sadly has not good childhood memories of beach vacations so I will be devastated if Clayton doesn't enjoy the beach. 

You probably won't believe it but I took quite a "few" photographs. Sorry for the picture overload, but I plan on printing the blog yearly to make a digital scrapbook, so I'm including a bunch. 

Sunday, June 5
Clayton's first time in a pool. She loved it! She would kick her feet as hard as she could paddle them.
The float that the Easter bunny brought sat her too low in the water and she would "take on" water. So we borrowed Ella's float and it was much better.

We typically go out for lunch since it's so hot in the middle of the day and cook in for dinner to avoid the crowds and getting all dolled up. Our lunch break our first day included some shopping fun. I think Ella looks nice with this beach bum look.
There are many things wrong with this mannequin. Phillip (my brother-in-law) didn't mind posing when I asked him to take a pic though.
Clayton's first time to ride in a shopping cart without being in her car seat. And of course, it was in Target (we went for a new float). 
What's the point of having a baby if you don't dress them up?
After lunch, we headed to the beach for the afternoon. This was only some of our gear. But happy baby=happy momma.
I love this pic even though the camera lens was fogged.
Mary is the sweetest cousin Clayton could dream for. She adores Clayton and Ella. (But I'll save that for another post.)
The first of Clayton's many naps on the beach.
Clayton loved feeling the sand and rubbing it in her hands. The look on her face showed how amazed she was with it and the newness of the texture. It's weird the feeling this gave me as her mom seeing her so amused and content just touching something that we think is no big deal. I think it also made me realize that I take for granted some of God's most simple creations. I know I'll have many moments when I have this same feeling but thought I'd like her to look back and see how happy she makes me with even the littlest of things she brings to my life (I know you're saying I'm weird, but this is my "digital scrapbook.").
I was snapping pictures, of course, in the elevator of my bug-eyed baby.
The elevator opened and I kept snapping pics. (Disclosure: we had been drinking). My mom was "yelling" (she doesn't really yell) to get my baby and help get all the "gear" (aka shit) and quit taking pictures. And asking why was I taking pictures in the elevator anyway. Of course Chris and I were laughing. I told this "story" because as I was going through our vacation pictures this one made me laugh. Think it shows a tiny glimpse into my mom's life of having two girls.
I told Mary she is going to look back at pictures and wonder why shes always made weird faces and does goofy things in them. So, we took a "normal" picture too, but I think this one will be the one we will enjoy the most.
Clayton's end to her first day spent at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment