Saturday, February 11, 2012

14 Months Old

Another month has gone by and Clayton is another month older.  At 14 months, Clayton is a wonderful age although I can't think of a month that I didn't love.  I'm sure I may rethink this when she's in her terrible 2's cause we have a feeling Clayton is going to be a real handful.  She definitely is a baby you have to chase around and make sure she isn't injuring herself or something but she is sweet about it still.
  • Dancing machine-  Clayton loves to dance.  Any slight bit of music that she hears and she is dancing.  She brings me my ipad and puts it down and then smiles, which is her way of asking to turn on music.  I put a cd player in the bathroom and have broken out my high school and college cd mixes that we jam to during bath time.  I'm guessing I'll have to switch to The Little Mermaid cd soon when she picks up on the lyrics ("Sipping on Gin and Juice" may not be age appropriate).
  • "Heeeeeeey!"-  She loves greeting everyone with "heeeeeeey."  Not "hey" but "heeeeeeeey."  When we are going up and down the aisles at a store she's telling everyone, "heeeeey."  We call it her gay hey.
  • Small Vocabulary-  She doesn't say as many words as we would like but are guessing soon her vocabulary will explode all at the same time.  You want them to crawl then you wished they didn't.  You want them to walk and then you wished they couldn't.  So I'm guessing talking is the same.  Her words include:
    • da: definitely a daddy's girl and says "da" ALL the time.
    • hot
    • uh: as in uh-oh but there's no "oh" 
    • ma-ma: used to say this more but not really much lately
    • bye-bye: her first word but she very rarely says it anymore and instead cups her hand toward her and gives a backwards way
    • I'm sure are a few more but these are the ones that are coming to my head
  • Loves being outside.  Anytime the weather is good, we are outside throwing the ball to Sadie, Clayton mowing the grass, or just standing.  Getting her back inside isn't so easy.    
  • Is so sweet.  Very loving and will give many hugs and kisses.  She blows kisses frequently.  Loves when we hold our hand out and she knows that means come here.  She will think about it for a second and then most time walk/Clayton run to you smiling.  Favorite is when you hold your arms open and she runs to you and gives a big hug.
  • Plays with Sadie often.  Besides feeding her constantly and sharing her snacks, she also shares her toys with Sadie.  Sadie looks at me like why the heck is she covering me with toys.  Clayton  pats her hands on her legs and makes some sort of noise calling Sadie.  
  • One of her favorite toys is a musical riding toy that Jourdan & Carey gave her for her 1st birthday.  She constantly is making it play music.  She also has figured out how to scoot herself around the house on it.
  • She figured out this week how to turn the light switches on.  Before she only could turn them off.  But now the lamp is frequently being turned on and then off repeatedly.  Sure at night the neighbors are wondering what the heck is going on at our house.
  • She loves to sleep with her lovie on her face.  I wait for her to go to sleep and then check on her to cover her with her blanket.  And most times her lovie has attacked her.  I've watched her on our video monitor and she will attempt multiple times putting it on her face until it is just right.
  • Harris describes her as quirky often.  (ie- Did you read the previous statement?....she sleeps with a lovie on her face.)  I'm sure like all kids do, she has funny quirks that make her unique (at least we think so) that we love. 
  • The excitement of pouring Sadie's water on the floor has faded significantly.  Sadie is able to have water more regularly now.  Sadie still has droughts occasionally with no water as it's easier to pick the bowl up then constantly wipe up water.   
  • Clayton loves to grabs any reachable drink if left at the least bit unattended.  She will grab it, bring it to where you are to show you that she has it and then race off giggling.  It's a catch 22.  If you chase her she runs faster and has a greater chance of spilling it.  And if you let her have it, she's spilling it anyway.
  • She likes to bring our iphones to us now more frequently then stealing them and running off.  Most times they are delivered slobber-soaked.
  • Clayton has a shoe fetish.  She loves picking up shoes and now likes to put one on either hand and run around with shoe hands.  Again, Harris calls her quirky.
  • Her hair is LONG.  It's officially needing a bow.  We only have one pink bow and a purple & yellow clip.  I need to invest in some more ASAP.  Maybe I'll learn how to make bows this month.  Harris dislikes bows but they are really becoming needed.  Think our dislike for bows is due to seeing people who put those headbands with bows larger than their babies heads on them when they are just born.  I think huge bows will be something people look back on and say, "Why the heck did I put a massive bow on my baby's head.  You don't even notice her pretty face but that big-a** bow?"  But hey, each to their own. 
Pictures from her 14th month old birthday:
 
She likes helping unload the dishwasher.
 
Drink thief.
Obviously she likes looking out the windows.
 
 
A favorite face of hers.
Keeping her from climbing/jumping on furniture is a constant battle.
 
Her favorite musical riding toy.
Her tired stare.

No comments:

Post a Comment