We embarked on our second annual trip to Baton Rouge to visit my brother for his birthday. I think Clayton has grown a bit since last year's visit. This year it was my parents, Clayton and myself.
Her first gas station purchase ever: an oatmeal moon pie.
Of course, we had to hit up some of our favorite restaurants. The first stop was Parrain's.
And this is how Clayton decided to fall asleep. Yep, she got moved to the pack n'play for obvious reasons.
The next morning, Clayton and I visited my dear college friend, Lillian, and got to meet her sweet baby Rosemary. I wish we lived closer so they could play all the time although I know they will be great friends anyway. We are so excited we will be in Florida at the same time this year and staying at the same condo. Can't wait!
Clayton of course had to fall asleep as we were headed to my favorite eatery.
But being the awesome mother I am, I let her nap in the car while my parents ate. In reality, I wanted to ensure the nap kept the gremlin away and they ordered my usual to-go. But my sweet baby knew how much I love Sammy's and woke up right as my food was brought out.
The highlight of my trip was taking Clayton to see Mike the Tiger. Our favorite trick of Clayton's for awhile has been asking her, "What does a tiger say?" and her response, "Raaahhh!" So I couldn't wait to show her THE tiger.
Awe, how much she's changed in a year.
Clayton loved the tiger purse Mimi bought her.
We enjoyed crawfish and fried shrimp for dinner.
On Friday, Clayton and I went back to visit Mike in hopes he would be awake. No luck but he was closer to the fence than yesterday.
And then......
She was tired from the tiger excitement.
So I planned for another lunch in the car while the fam went to George's. But conveniently she woke up again as the food was arriving and discovered eating with a fork.
Uncle John introduced her to root beer.
We left Baton Rouge and headed to our hunting camp for the weekend.
....snacks in hand.



























No comments:
Post a Comment