My niece Mary is 10! I'll never forget when Kate, my LSU freshman roommate, and I were walking around the campus lakes when my cell phone rang that she had arrived. It's surreal that she's 10 and that it was 10 years ago that I was a college freshman. Please pause for my crying.....Okay, I'm back.
To celebrate she had a slumber party the weekend after her birthday. My sister decorated her dining room so cute.
She made chocolate covered marshmellows and candy bar. I'm guessing the large sugar supply contributed to why they didn't go to bed until 4am.
Clayton put on her birthday outfit, stole Ella's baby, and was ready to party.
Elton John came to the party too!
No, I did not tell them to do this but this photo will certainly resurface later in their lives.
My sister was worried how to entertain a group of 8 hyper tweens so I said I would think of something to kill some time. Well, I decided a fashion show would be fun since Mary likes playing dress up in my clothes. I brought some of my old clothes that I saved from high school for this exact reason (not necessarily for a fashion show but for Mary and my kids to enjoy cause it sure would be fun to have some of my mom's old clothes.) Complete with DJ Chrissy-Chris spinning some tunes, we filmed the show and had "paparazzi" snapping photos. Phoebe is my sister's best friend from high school's daughter. She and Mary are best friends. So fun! Can't wait for them to give their parents heck in high school.
Ella imitated the girls and strutted her stuff as well.
The fashion show transformed into a bit of a dance party. Which these girls have much more rhythm than I, which isn't saying too much but still. Then it was time for cake.
And since the candy and cake wasn't enough sugar, they made ice cream sundaes.
Well, the night ended for the Rhea's around 10 but the party was just getting hopping. They watched their fashion show video and stayed up til 4am doing who knows what.
Happy 10th Birthday to my sweet niece! Love you bunches.


















No comments:
Post a Comment