20 Month Claytonisms:
- Bug!. Clayton will stare at a bug very closely if it is crawling on the ground. If it's moving slowly enough or dead, she will pick it up and carry it to me saying, "uhhh", in disgust/fascination.
- Ipad Phene. She can manuever an ipad/iphone like no other. She knows exactly what icons to touch for whatever she wants to accomplish. (Ex. Photo icon to look at photos, Angry Birds to chunk birds across the screen, etc.) I attempt to limit her time she is using electronics around the house but most of the apps are rather educational so I don't think it's doing too much harm. The ipad is a must when we are in the car traveling.
- Facetime- My dad calls Clayton on Facetime (video chat on an iphone) many times throughout the day. She will "show" him things around the house that she is doing by pointing to something and making noises. She thinks everyone can interpret her different sounds. I've gotten quite good at it.
- Innie-Outie- I believe I forgot to document this awhile ago so I thought I'd mention it now. We call Clayton's belly button her "innie-outie." The top part is an outie and the bottom is barely an innie. If you ask her to show you her "innie-outie" she raises her shirt and points to her belly button. She fully knows her special name for hers. Call me shallow or whatever you want, but my little girl will eventually wear two-piece bathing suits (when she's 18) and everyone knows that an outie isn't the most desirable. So I voiced my concern to her doctor that she had an outie. His response was to the gist of, "It's no big deal....I have an outie myself." Uhhhh...I didn't know what to say but I'm serious Doc I don't want her to be self-conscious about her outie.
- "Goooo!"- We have loved watching the Summer Olympics held in London for the last two weeks. Clayton yells "Gooooo!" and waves her arm while we cheer on Team USA. When we were eating lunch at Bogey's Deli with my mom today, there was a TV with the Olympics on. Clayton started loudly yelling "Goooo!". I laughed and told my mom we watch a lot of Olympics. She said, "Obviously."
- Copy Cat- Clayton mimics any sigh, cough, sneeze, or sound that we make. Harris lectures her that is isn't nice to mock but she ignores him. It is quite funny to have a little talking bird in the house. Thankfully she doesn't repeat any expletives that may be shouted.
- Anorexic toddler?- This has to be the one thing about Clayton that drives me bonkers. She barely eats anything. I work my hardest to offer her a plethora of food and at a good meal she may take 2 bites. So annoying. It gets mentally tiring preparing her so much food only to throw it away. I have no clue how she keeps growing with the amount of food she consumes but she manages somehow to still have the energy of a buffoon. So guess I shouldn't worry too much.
- Nit-Neene/Momma- Clayton still can't say Mimi. And we have been catching her saying "Nit-neene" (Christine). In her defense, the is a lot of 'M' names- Momma, Mary, Mimi. She has Momma down pat. She yells it so much throughout the day to me for anything she wants that to her it has multiple meanings. She yells Momma for me, for my mom, to get someone's attention, to show something. It's a pretty universal term in her growing dictionary.
- Baby Love- My mom bought her a baby and she instantly began rocking her baby and giving her bottle. It's funny because it's not like she frequently sees anyone rocking a baby. Definitely female instincts. She strolls her around, feeds her, puts her in the swing and loves on her baby. So sweet.
- Plaaannnneeee!- Clayton hears a plane flying over and she screams, "plllaaaannnne!" Although it isn't the most audible "plane", she gets so excited.
- Well, well, well- At 20 months, Clayton has not had to visit the doctor except for her well check-up appointments. No diaper rashes either. The only significant hick-ups have been one yeast infection (cured with cream) and one time with the stomach bug (cured with time) but nothing major that needed a trip to the doctor. I have called and spoken with the nurse for a few things. (Yeast infection; her father feeling the need to give her peanut butter even though he knows she's not supposed to have it yet because he didn't want to tell her 'no'; and maybe two others). Yes, I am completely aware that she isn't exposed to as many germs as other kids nor am I knocking kids who have. I'm simply documenting her scrapbook. Also, it is truly amazing that she hasn't injured herself needing stitches or a cast. She is a ADHD monkey and is constantly on the move, climbing on anything, and never stops for long.
- Band-Aid Phobia- Clayton thinks bab-o's are almost the end of the world. She scraped her knee and had a little scab. She would pull up her dress and with a wincing face say, "bab-o" and then say "ooowwww". This went on for two weeks. But come near her with a band-aid and she looses it. She will cry and shake with fear if you put one on her. It's funny and I try not to think about her reaction when she really gets injured and actually needs a band-aid.
- Growing Vocabulary- As I've been documenting her words, she has at least 40. She says new words all the time and uses them frequently. She is smart as a whip but continues to be more of a doer that a talker. I'll appreciate this even more when she gets to the age that she won't hush or asking questions is her favorite thing to do. I can tell her to go get me X or put this X and it's amazing how much they comprehend from just observing their environment around them.
- Love Bug- Her sweet hugs and kisses throughout the day melt my heart. She loves to show affection. I am soaking it up because there are a few times, she will push me out of the way and look at me like, step aside I got this. Ugh, I am not looking forward to when she doesn't need her momma all the time cause her momma needs her.
- Curls- Her hair is getting so long. Definitely long enough for a ponytail. The curls are adorable but they are getting heavy. My mom keeps telling me that a slight trim may relieve some of the weight and make it curl more. I am completely not prepared if the curls are cut off and don't return. A haircut isn't happening anytime soon. I have threaten my mom and Harris that they better not cut her hair.
















No comments:
Post a Comment