22 Month Claytonisms:
- "NOOOO!" is a very common word in Clayton's vocabulary. So long are the days of her shaking her head. "Let's put pajamas on." NOOOOOOO! "Clayton, lunch is ready!" NOOOOOO! "Let's go to the park." NOOOOOOO! Get the jist?!
- Forget trying to get her to say Mimi. My mom's name is officially "Chri-teen" to Clayton. She screams Chri-teen when she wakes up from a nap at their house, we pull onto their street, or she picks up my phone to call PawPaw and Chri-teen. It's pretty cute.
- When Clayton knows your name and she thinks you hung the moon, then she will repeat it over and over and over to get your attention. "PawPaw!, PawPaw!, PawPaw!" or "Kyle!, Kyle!, Kyle!". Kyle probably resists coming over or downs a few drinks before he is subjected to hearing his name over and over. And she requires that you acknowledge her and what she is trying to show you. One night Kyle came over and Clayton kept screaming, "Kyle!, (did sounds like Kyle but now sounds more like Dial), Kyle!, Kyle!" and would point to random things to show him. An example is "Kyle!, Kyle!, Kyle!......momma! or da-da!" My favorite that's probably scarred in Kyle's mind was when she screamed his name and got his attention and then lifted her dress to expose that she was diaperless and said, "Tee-tee!" Kyle didn't know how to respond except wide-eyed, "Yep, that's a tee-tee!"
- Her vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds. We can translate what she says more and I am loving her frequent conversation babbling. She looks at you very serious and animated and says all sorts of things that is just jibberish. Going to miss it when she is actually making sense. Pretty confident she won't stop talking when she does so I'm thoroughly enjoying the babbling for now.
- Previously when she jumped it was more like she was lifting one leg and the other would follow after about an inch off the ground. But now, when she jumps both feet come off the ground at the same time. Yes, she likes to jump a lot. She loves to get your attention and smiles in delight when you tell her "wow" by her big jump.
- She also likes to jump and then land on her butt. She doesn't like to sit still so jumping at random is common. But she really likes jumping on furniture. I know, I know, a bad habit. She has a bunch of energy and I figure jumping in a chair is better than breaking a vase. And I'm trying to refrain from buying a little trampoline but maybe Santa should bring one for our deck.
- Clayton's patience isn't the greatest. So puzzles would make her have meltdowns when she couldn't get the piece placed within oh 3 seconds. But she has mastered her transportation (helicopter, car, boat) puzzle (same classic wooden puzzle I'm sure you had when you were little). Now she will look at the piece and search for the correct spot. We have been working on this puzzle for awhile so it was a small victory in my mind that she now can patiently complete it. I'm still trying to figure out where she got this lack of patience from as well as her ADD/ADHD (not professionally diagnosed, but doesn't take a rocket scientist to observe her mind is constantly racing and never at rest). (Yes, I'm laughing as I typed that. She obviously got it from Harris ;)
Sorry for the picture overload, but her expressions keep me smiling.


















No comments:
Post a Comment