After a victorious 1st year of participation, we eagerly looked forward to Chili Fest 2012. The "If it Ain't Neon, It Shouldn't be on!" theme from this year's BBQ festival was a hit, so we decided we would go with what works. Below were our team t-shirts we had made. (Kyle changed our team name from the award-winning "Chili Vanilli" to "The Dumptrucks".)
Brittany and I brainstormed and came up with our decor plan. The whole team helped out with decorations this year which made for a lot less daunting paper chain background. We set up a mock-up tent in our carport so we knew we had everything covered. Excessive?....probably, but made for a MUCH easier set-up.
We went with, "Keep calm and Neon on" as our public theme after deciding it was easier for visitors to read and to write on a sign.


Clayton went for a little bit although she partied all night with us last year.
But these days of are over.
So I took her home for her second official babysitter. (Her first was when she was 2 weeks old and we left her with Ella and her babysitter while the family went to a nice pre-Christmas dinner. I didn't set it all up and my dad paid.) (So, I felt like such a grown up. Finding and calling a babysitter, giving her advice on what to do at our house with my confused/screaming child, and then looking for texts all nights with updates. And then paying her. Yikes! I'm a grown-up moment......when did this happen?)
Kevin came to Tupelo to join in on our Tupelo fun.
At the end of the night, these cute girls came and asked if they could have our signs for their rooms because they thought they were the coolest. Beyond flattered, Brittany's artwork is now in two tween's rooms.
Eagerly awaiting the awards announcement. And the verdict....
Rowdiest Cooks! (Best Team Spirit)= an award to tell us we know how to party!!!
Anticipating a larger crowd since it was a Friday this year, the guys made much more chili. However, there was a significant amount leftover that I was determined to disperse. My freezer is still full of chili.
Another fun-filled chili fest under our belts!























No comments:
Post a Comment