Monday, November 19, 2012

Clayton's Style

Decided I wanted to document for Clayton how I dressed her as a toddler.

Disclaimer: This is MY preference.  Don't like it, don't agree, don't care.....dress your children however you so desire.  But this is Clayton's scrapbook so I included it.
  
Clayton's Style "Guidelines":

  • No obnoxious hairbows.  This includes anything besides the little pig tail bows I make that are grosgrain ribbon white, pale pink, or light blue.  (I started making your bows because I couldn't find any small to my liking but mainly because you always need a bow in your long locks so I wanted to have plenty around the house and stashed in places so we were never without a bow.  Much cheaper to make them.)  No headbands at all and no hairbows until it was absolutely necessary and your hair wouldn't stay out of your face.  Hair only pulled to the side and definitely no 'sprout' on top of your head.  You freak out with the idea of a ponytail (although i can sneak one occasionally) and pig tails are cute but make you look so old and it makes me sad.  
  • Only shoes you have worn so far: traditional white baby shoes with wood soles (your 1st shoes), gray New Balances (your 2nd pair of shoes to match mom & dad),  white keds that lace (not velcro), white Sun San sandals, pink cowboy boots that your Aunt Chrissy gave you (they light up and you would prefer to wear these 24/7), and your brown cowboy boots.  You wore pink swimming shoes and a pair of LSU flip flops in the summer around the pool or at the beach.  Prior to being 11 months old, no shoes.  Either socks or bare-foot (my favorite).  Don't see any other types of shoes tolerated in the near future.  (Maybe pink saddle oxfords when you are a bit older.)  Only plain white socks with no frills or white stockings.
  • Pale colors.  Only bright colors of significance are your corduroy overalls in pink and turquoise however they are solid.  There are a few other garments that are a little on the bright side but I use much discretion.  No browns, orange (unless it's a  pumpkin smocked on a dress), dark green or black.  I stay away from red although you have red corduroy overalls and a red corduroy jumper for Christmas.
  • No big, busy patterns or big ruffles.  Think you are too little for the big ruffles on pants that seem to be a big trend right now. No shimmer or glitter.  No screen printing except for t-shirts worn around the house.  
  • No denim except for Osh Kosh overalls permitted at the grandparents since they live on a "farm."  Not sure when your first pair of jeans will be "allowed" but no time soon even though I prefer to wear jeans myself.
  • Pajamas are an exception to many rules.  They can be colorful and have big patterns and have cartoon characters, i.e.- Little Mermaid, Tasmanian Devil, etc.  Prefer one-piece Children's Place jammies cause they are the easiest but I've bought others cause they were either cheap or cute.
  • Only short-sleeved smocked dresses.  Like to be worn with sweater instead of long sleeves for the winter.  Not a fan of long-sleeved smocked. 
There are many other little "preferences" that I have but these are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head.  Call me picky, but that's just my preference.  Dress your child as you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment