Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New Baby Nursery

When I started mentally planning the new baby's nursery, I knew I wanted a neutral, rustic theme.  I would use the same cream crib bedding of Clayton's and make burlap drapes.  I also really wanted a gold crib.  At the early planning I thought (hoped) Clayton would still be in her crib so I would buy another jenny lind crib (because that's my favorite style) and paint it gold.  Well, I bought another crib but thankfully hadn't painted it when I realized Clayton wouldn't be in a crib anymore when new baby arrives.  So I decided it would be ridiculous to paint a crib and have Clayton's crib sitting in the attic.  And I wasn't going to paint my baby crib/Clayton's crib.  Anyway, if the crib wasn't going to be gold I'd just incorporate gold into the room.  I Pinterested many things and slowly went from there.  Here is the final product and I'm obsessed with it.
(Better pictures to come but these will do for now)

(Harris is hanging the mirror soon but most likely getting a similar smaller one since this one is a little big for over the shelf.)
I would like to find a rug and a different lamp but waiting until we know if it's a girl or boy to add an accent color.
I'm going to tackle Clayton's room for awhile now.

3 comments: