Monday, July 29, 2013

3 months

3 month Charles-isms:
  • Charles has become quite the mover these days.  He is all about kicking.
  • He has rolled over many times previously but on his 3 month birthday, he can officially be declared a roller-overer.  Since he is a stomach sleeper, he rolls from stomach to back.  Hasn't rolled from back to stomach yet.  Always exciting when your baby hits milestones.  Yet sad because he is growing too fast.  And a reminder of what a huge blessing it is to have a healthy baby!  Never will take it for granted. 
  • And with all this moving, he wants to sit up.  If you hold his hands when he is laying down, he certainly will strain to sit up.  He will certainly have a six-pack shortly if he continues these crunches.  Maybe they will wear off on his mother.
July 9, 2013
(10 weeks)
  • I began giving Charles cereal twice a day beginning at 11 weeks.  I gave Clayton cereal at 7 weeks but waited with him since we were switching his formula so many times to help with the colic.  
  • Loves his older sister.  Charles lights up when Clayton is around and thankfully she lights up when she is around him.
  • Wearing size 2 diapers
  • A wonderful sleeper.  His bedtime is around 7:30pm and he wakes up between most days 6am or later.  Sleeps 9-11 hours.  Glad both my babies take after me on this one.
  • Eating every 3 hours during the day.  5 to 6 ounces of formula- 1/3 Nutramigen and 2/3 Gentleease
  • Charles is a constant flow of spit-up.  The supply is endless.  He doesn't fuss but just voms a lot.  No shirt is safe around Charles.  And I certainly warn anyone who wants to hold him that he will upchuck on them and it's not going to be just a little.
  • Smiling a lot more these days.  His grins are priceless.  What babies aren't?!
  • He is beginning to talk and be more verbal.  Many goos goos and cooing.
July 22, 2013
(12 weeks)
  • When Charles sees a camera, he goes wide-eyed.  Drives me crazy when I'm trying to get a picture of him.  
  • Loves chewing on his fists.  Not just a finger but his whole hand.
  • One of my favorite things is when he is drinking his bottle and then stops sucking and gives me a big smile.  Priceless!
  • Holds his head and chest up when lying on his stomach.
  • He is a techie.  Loves watching the iPad.  I only have two Elmos videos on my iPad that he watches or his sweet sister plays the iPad allowing him to lay on the floor and watch her.  Melts my heart and makes me shake my head in amazement at God's timing with these two angels.  We certainly didn't have a hand in on their arrival time.
Other highlights this month were that Charles had thrush.  After days of just thinking that he always seems to have spit-up in his mouth, Harris asked what the deal with his mouth was.  And I said I noticed it but had no clue.  After googling it, I discovered what thrush is and made yet another call to the pediatrician with a Charles issue.  The other calls have been regarding his colic or colds.  Swear I'm the complete opposite of a "call the doctor mom" but this kid is throwing me for a loop....crying, colic, spitting up, formula changes (four to be exact), coughs, colds, thrush......and it's only been three months.  Geez Charles! 
 And then two weeks later, I called and asked the pediatrician to call in some acid reflux meds to see if it helped with the crying and spitting up.  Verdict is still out but not looking like it is helping.  

No comments:

Post a Comment