Monday, July 8, 2013

Florida, Friends & the 4th

We celebrated July 4th in Florida with a special group of friends.  Kyle and Denny lived with Harris at Ole Miss.  And Harris, Denny and I graduated high school together.  Since college (6 years), the three girlfriends became wives and three children (and a half- another baby Koerner will be added in December) have been added to the mix.  It was a fun few days cutting up and celebrating freedom and friendship.

Although the monsoon rain (18+ inches) hindered us from hitting the beach, it certainly didn't put a damper on the trip.

Clayton was in heaven with a pool right outside her door while I was a nervous wreck.  It definitely made me realize that we can never have a pool.  I'd be a basket case of worry.
We ventured out once to enjoy a lunch out.  Charles was content as he slept on his tummy in my lap.  
After we returned from lunch, I enjoyed snuggle time with my ba-ba babies while watching Cinderella.
 The men decided to make the rest of the day a blur. 
 "Den, your dad confuses us too sometimes."
The pool fun wasn't the only excitement of the day although I'm pretty sure it contributed to it.  Harris' jaw popped out of joint (which has happened before) but he was unable to get it back in place.  Sweet, pregnant Meredith took intoxicated Harris to the emergency room to fix his bo-bo as I stayed home as mommy.
Meredith kept us informed via text:
"RN is about to give him meds via IV.  Narcotic...Daludid, zofran- nausea, valium- muscle relaxant."
"Me- Harris are you sleepy?
Harris- mumble, mumble...I'm just happy!"
Clayton stayed up worried about her dad at the doctor.  Thankfully they returned a little after midnight.  After the girls protesting with the boys that he didn't need more alcohol, Harris went to sleep passed out.

We concluded our trip with a wild and crazy celebration for Kyle's 31st birthday!  It will be fun to watch the Autumn Ridge (subdivision they lived in at Ole Miss) families grow.
 
Charles was all smiles before we had to hit the road home.
Clayton doesn't take waking up early well. 
Thanks to the Koerner's for hosting us.  We look forward to many more great memories with our growing families.

No comments:

Post a Comment