We are very excited to announce that our little family will be growing by one at the end of April 2013!
Flashback to August 27:
Things weren't exactly "right" so I decided maybe I should take a pregnancy test. (In reality, Harris made me because he said he knew I was pregnant. I was adamant that I wasn't.) I called my best friend, Rachel, and joked with her that I wasn't pregnant but Harris thought I needed to take a test. So I texted her as I made a trip to Walgreens...laughing all the way.
I sent her this pic with "They need to change the name of this aisle because every time I've visited there wasn't planning involved. 'Oh Shit' would be more appropriate."
I waited for Harris to come home from work and with the whole fam in the bathroom I took the test. We watched with much anticipation and one line came up and I said, "Only one line!" He said, "Speaking too soon...ha, here comes the second line! I knew it!" And my response, "Oh, shit!"
(Yes, I'm very excited but I was COMPLETELY not expecting two lines.)
We went ahead and triple confirmed it since what the heck do I need these for anytime soon....or according to Harris-- ever!
Harris celebrated with a beer and Clayton and I had ice cream. We laughed because we had taken a family picture in the exact same spot the night prior for Sadie's birthday.
Later Rachel texted asking what the verdict was. So I responded with this picture.
I made a doctor's appointment to confirm the news. I couldn't get in until two weeks later. I spent that time keeping it a secret, ordering Clayton a Big Sister shirt, and making this bun in the oven costume. I figured I would be into my second trimester for Halloween and Harris would be a chef and this is how we would tell our friends.
We got the confirmation on September 6 that our little bundle would be arriving in late April.
We showed my parents our family's Halloween costume the next night. They didn't figure it out until they saw Clayton's t-shirt (which I don't have a picture of us all in our costumes....major failure). Although she thought something was up because I never go to the doctor and so her and my sister gossiped if that was the reason I was going. I told them, which was true, that I hadn't gone to the doctor since I had Clayton and so I made an appointment, but they obviously know me too well.
(We didn't end up telling everyone until now so we didn't use the costumes for Halloween. But we did tell my sister & brother-in-law and our friends Kyle & Brittany by showing them the costume so it wasn't completely wasted.....plus, I love a good craft project.)







Wahoo! So excited! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the costume. You should definitely keep that for your friends in case they have a little surprise around Halloween.
ReplyDelete