Friday, December 7, 2012

I'm 30!

Although I feel like I haven't changed much from 29, I decided I'd do another post about myself this year about Clayton's mom at 30...
  • I used to enjoy going clothing shopping for myself but these days find much greater pleasure in finding cute things for you.  Your dad thinks I may have a problem but he never complains that you aren't dressed cute.  I don't spend any time shopping for myself these days (and I'm sure my friends can see that) but I'm not complaining.  
  • I enjoy a good craft project.  Whether it's making a wreath, sewing curtains or wrapping a gift, anything that enjoys making something I enjoy.  I really thrive off seeing the results of my time and effort.  An extremely nice lady at church is teaching a group of us how to sew right now.  It is a nice refresher class from my college sewing class and I'm loving it.  Of course, I'm learning how to make cute dresses for you!  Can't wait to tackle the pillows and curtains for your room and your little sibling soon.
  • I'm a wine and mimosa type of girl.  Beer? No, thank you.  I've had maybe three sips and it taste like pee (not that I know what pee taste like but I don't like it).  I also love margaritas.  One of my favorite things about Louisiana is the drive-through margarita stores.  Yum!  I prefer frozen but I'll drink either.
  • I love a good book but haven't read in awhile.  Before chasing a baby at the beach, it was my favorite place to read.  Sit my beach chair next to the ocean and I'd read and drink my adult beverage for hours.  My ultimate relaxation.  The book has to be light-hearted and fun or it doesn't keep my attention.  Books by Emily Giffin are a perfect example of what type I enjoy.
  • I love country music.  I love the stories in the songs and the laid back music.  Wish I could play the guitar but what's the point of learning guitar when you can't sing.  And I CANNOT sing.  (I'm sure there is a point and if you want to learn guitar, I will support you 100% but just don't count on mom as a back-up singer.)
  • I have been extremely unsatisfied with all the haircuts I have gotten recently.  It's becoming very discouraging.  I have been to three hair stylists recently and I'm still not liking it.  Ugh!  I'm sure it's not completely their fault as I have zero skill at hair styling but I'm frustrated.
  • I can buy every make-up the lady at the cosmetic counter says is a must-have and my make-up still always looks like poo.  At 30, you'd think I'd have figured it out by now, but I would like to take a make-up how-to class sometime.  Anyone want to teach me, just let me know.  I have all the make-up.... i just need the skills.
  • I am saddened that I don't see my Louisiana friends as often as I'd like.  I miss them greatly and can't believe I haven't met all of the babies that have been born recently.  Hoping my 30's brings me some more spontaneity to plan a trip to visit more often.
  • Thank you notes are a high priority on my list.  I think it is the rudest thing when someone sends a gift and the received never acknowledges that it was received much less appreciated.  If the person can take the time, effort and money, be appreciative.  You never know what that person may have sacrificed to give it.
  • Sushi is one of my favorite foods.  I love it!  Yum!  Any roll will do although I steer away from eel.

No comments:

Post a Comment