30 month Claytonisms:
- Clayton is into jumping. She loves to jump down steps, jump on the couch, jump on the bed, or jump just for the heck of it. Then she will say, "Woooaaa, Big Jump!". She also likes to ask us to jump and then laughs hysterically when we jump up and down.
- She enjoys calling Ella (her cousin) on toy phones and have "conversations" with her. She then makes me talk to Ella and have a conversation with her.
- "I'm going to Mimi PawPaws!" is a frequent expression heard around our house. She loads up her grocery cart, backpack, or wagon and says "Bye! I'm going to Mimi PawPaws!". At this point she is happy leaving. I'm sure one day she will be threatening to run away to their house in anger. She comes back from around the corner or from another room after a couple of minutes, telling us she went to Mimi PawPaw's.
- Clayton thankfully enjoys painting and doing crafts. I may have had to trade her in if she disliked crafting. She is so proud to show her Da-da her creations when he comes home for lunch or for the day. I hate a fridge with junk all over it, but her artwork is proudly covering ours now. I closepin her creations on the kitchen blinds to dry and sometimes they stay for a few days so everyone can admire. This momma is in heaven being crafty with my little girl.
- "I wanna write"- a writing utensil and some paper are another form of entertainment these days. She enjoys doodling and acting like she is writing family members names when she tells me to call them out.
- Clayton LOVES watching TV these days. And with a new baby (who is rather fussy) I can't say that it hasn't been EXTREMELY helpful. Dora is her favorite followed by Peter Rabbit and Max & Ruby.
- I know that she seems a lot older to us these days because having a new baby reminds us of how she used to be this little newborn only a few days ago it seems. But she has gotten so grown up and calm downed significantly. She is much better behaved in many aspects and actually will do what you say instead of the opposite. She will actually come back inside the house instead of taking off down the steps.
- She refers to herself in 3rd person. Instead of saying "me" she says "Clay-Clay." Who wrote on the wall? Clay-Clay!
- Clayton doesn't get sleepy. She gets sweepy sick. "I'm sweepy sick." Not quite sure why this started but it's rather funny when she dramatically says she is "sweepy sick." It's sleepy kicked up a few notches.
- Chapstick is not safe around Clayton. She loves her some chapstick but she doesn't just apply it on her lips. She sticks her finger in it and rapidly ruins it.
- Happy Birthday to you has evolved from "Hap...you" to "Happy to you". It's sad/funny to see how fast she changes-- one day it was Hap and the next it was Happy.
- Washing her long mane is a chore sometimes since she isn't always enjoying being pampered by me washing her hair. So after explaining to her that the knots were created by rats playing in hair while she slept (she doesn't know what an actual rat is...I don't think). So I started singing "Bye, Bye RATS!" to her when we wash her hair. She thinks its great and it definitely was a solution to washing her hair. And "soft-stuff" (conditioner) is a necessity to help get rid of the rats. It's also made hair brushing easier when I tell her we have to check to make sure we got all the rats out.
- Clayton loves her lovies. Nap time, bed time, or emotional/physically injured and a lovie is required. Sometimes we are hunting for lovie in an emotionally tense situation (injured and crying) so I started saying, "Lovie, where are you?" to calm the situation and make a game out of it to calm her. Well now anytime lovie is missing, she cutely calls around the house, "Wub-e, where are you?" Then when we find it, she hugs it with joy and says, "There you are wub-e....miss you!"
- We are always working on Clayton's manners. Her version of thank you is "Thank you, sweet!". This is her response when you do something for her and she is saying in her Clayton language, "Thank you and you are sweet."








No comments:
Post a Comment