Sunday, June 9, 2013

Orange Beach, AL- We Made It! (Saturday)

Charles had his one month check-up on Friday in Memphis, so Clayton stayed with my parents while Charles and I went back to Tupelo.  We decided they would be terribly bored riding all the way to Florida by themselves and needed Clayton as company.  (Or that making the long journey with just a 3 week old baby would be easier for us.)
This proved to be a wise move.  We went out to dinner for mexican and I didn't quite get as much sleep as I would have preferred waking up with Charles.  But Charles behaved himself quite nicely for his first time in a restaurant. 
But anyhow, we headed out early Saturday morning on our annual Gaiennie Family Beach Trip.  Charles did very well in the car.  We only stopped once to change his diaper (and maybe let his mom puke from a pounding headache and too many margaritas the night before-- ok, so the margaritas probably caused the pounding headache.  But cut me some slack.  I haven't drank tequila in 10 months.).
We met my parents and Clayton in Mobile at Felix's Fish Camp.  
This was Clayton last year at Felix's.
 
After a delicious late lunch, Clayton jumped in our car.

Once everyone arrived and unloaded, the dads took the kids to the beach since they were so excited to finally be there after weeks of talking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment