Last year's Thanksgiving, we thought at any second I'd go into labor. With the "progress" I had made, my doctor guessed our baby was coming early. So, we had a Thanksgiving meal at my parents which basically consisted of them and Harris just sitting around waiting for my body to give me a "sign". Nothing! Our baby had no intentions of coming. Heck, it probably would have been January if we had waited on her. Sometimes she has to be made to do things and along with changing her diaper, her entrance into the world was another one of them.
This year, we started out the long holiday weekend by driving from Tupelo to Iuka, MS to visit Harris' family on Wednesday night. We ate dinner with his grandparents and mingled with the rest of the family. Then, we drove to Memphis so Harris could wake up and hunt on Thanksgiving morning.


This year, we started out the long holiday weekend by driving from Tupelo to Iuka, MS to visit Harris' family on Wednesday night. We ate dinner with his grandparents and mingled with the rest of the family. Then, we drove to Memphis so Harris could wake up and hunt on Thanksgiving morning.


Harris fried the turkey. He gets an A+.
Kids...are they all strange these days?
Christine and the feast she prepared: spinach madeleine, dressing, sweet potatoes, mash potatoes, green bean bundles, and lady peas. Yum!
If you're wondering why Clayton has on a LSU apron....well, the highchair, which happens to be mine from when I was little, doesn't have straps. So my mom ties Clayton to the chair with the apron.
Clayton enjoyed the sweet potato casserole and tolerated the spinach madeleine.
But it was past her nap time and she was done. Her rubbing her eyes moved to her hair.
After a few mimosas I thought it would be great entertainment to join the masses at Toys R' Us for early black Friday shopping. I thankfully came to my senses remembering past times when individuals come to blows over a toy and opted against this. After seeing the long lines on the news and knowing I had nothing in particular to buy, I'm glad I found other ways to entertain myself Thanksgiving evening......making party hats for Clayton's birthday party.
This year's Thanksgiving didn't have the possible surprise factor like the previous but will always be coined "Clayton's 1st Thanksgiving." It was a reflection of how thankful we are for all of God's blessings and a reminder to not just be thankful one day of the year but everyday.













No comments:
Post a Comment