Harris headed back to Tupelo on Sunday. Clayton and I stayed at my parents and headed with them to our hunting camp in Louisiana for a change of scenery.
Aren't my girls cute?
Clayton would fall asleep and then when she realized that Sadie was napping on her, she would kick her feet. Oh, children!
I entertained myself by snapping snaggle-tooth pics.

And after 11 long months....Clayton can finally hold her ba-ba all by herself.
After a bit of crying cause she wasn't so sure about the pack and play, she fell asleep with her cereal and one sock.

The "sign-in shed" at our camp has pictures from all the years. Here's the pic of my first deer from 1991.
On Wednesday, we made a trip to Vidalia to visit Cajun Specialty Meats & Seafood to grab some stuff to take home with us and stopped to eat at Big John's BBQ in Ferriday.
That afternoon while my parents went hunting, Clayton, Sadie and I picked pecans.

One of my helpers didn't want to sit for long.
My other helper ran around checking everything out and then would run back to her momma to check in periodically and then take off running around the orchard again.
Aren't my girls cute?
Clayton would fall asleep and then when she realized that Sadie was napping on her, she would kick her feet. Oh, children!
I entertained myself by snapping snaggle-tooth pics.

And after 11 long months....Clayton can finally hold her ba-ba all by herself.
After a bit of crying cause she wasn't so sure about the pack and play, she fell asleep with her cereal and one sock.
The sisters love to look at all the "excitement" in the campyard. We accidentally forgot to make sure the latch was closed and she took a tumble onto the porch. Opps! (yes, making sure it was pushed closed was a priority then on.) Good thing, my little girl is tough.
So, we are at our hunting camp and camo is acceptable. Well, I bought Clayton a few camo garments. Since she has almost outgrown them I thought she could flaunt them one more time. I dressed her up in the most tacky one. It's a quality-lacking dress with camo on the skirt part and it's embroidered on the top with a picture of a deer and states "Daddy's Little Deer". Yep, tacky. When we were getting her dressed, my dad asked if she had anything better to wear. My mom and I laughed. She woke up from her nap and he took her around the camp with him to visit a few people.
He brought her back and insisted she change. Hilarious! Pretty bad when the guy who flaunts a mustache for over 40 years, Hawaiian shirts, and hunting scenic shirts says she is tacky. 
The "sign-in shed" at our camp has pictures from all the years. Here's the pic of my first deer from 1991.
On Wednesday, we made a trip to Vidalia to visit Cajun Specialty Meats & Seafood to grab some stuff to take home with us and stopped to eat at Big John's BBQ in Ferriday.
That afternoon while my parents went hunting, Clayton, Sadie and I picked pecans.

One of my helpers didn't want to sit for long.
My other helper ran around checking everything out and then would run back to her momma to check in periodically and then take off running around the orchard again.
And about the time I gave up on Clayton sitting in the stroller (the straps no longer exist so I couldn't strap her in), she conked out.
Clayton has been taking more and more steps. This is me calling her like a dog and her walking a few steps. (I try not to talk on video and this clip proves why. I really am not a military-mom. But ignore that...she walking, she walking.)And this was the ending to our relaxing excursion.




















No comments:
Post a Comment