Tuesday, January 10, 2012

13 Months Old

Well a year passed and now another month.  We don't have a year old, we scarily have a 13 month old.  I feel like I write monthly updates every other day.  So I'll try to keep it fresh.
  • Clayton maybe a monkey.  She climbs onto everything but sitting isn't enough.  She wants to stand.  She loves to jump on the back of a couch or chair and giggle.  Thankfully another month stitches free.  She likes turning the light switches off whenever they are in her reach in whatever piece of furniture she's on.  She hasn't figured out how to turn them back on quite yet.
  • She knows what foods she likes for the most part (Gerber ravioli's, Gerber puffs, bread, crackers) and give her something else that seems a bit foreign and she's giving it to Sadie.  She wants everything that she isn't interested in off her plate and it's going on the floor.  Even if she does like it she still is sharing it with Sadie.  It's nice she shares but it has made Sadie an even bigger pig.
  • When Clayton wakes up from a nap, she plays in her bed awhile by herself.  It's great for the 'animal' to be caged as long as possible.  She lets you know when her company is no longer sufficient.  But when I go in there to get her out of bed she likes to crazily run around her crib while laughing/chuckling.  She will show me all her toys in her crib but when I try to pick her up she falls out and laughs.   In fact, she's somehow busted her lip twice in the last month from playing in her crib.  I haven't witnessed how but her bloody lip I'm guessing is a result from crib running/jumping.  
  • Her hair is getting so long.  She definitely has a mullet.  There are some curls that I love.  Not sure Harris and I can handle bows yet.  They make her look too old and we aren't ready for our baby to grow up.  But it's getting in her eyes so we will have to think of a solution soon.
  • She loves her lovies and they are a must at nap/bed time.  We have three of the same brand, Angel Dear-  A pink bear that stays at our house, a white lamb that we take in the car, and a tiger that stays at my parents.      
  • Clayton and Sadie are best buds.  Besides Sadie loving Clayton because of the constant feeding, Clayton loves throwing the tennis balls to her.  It doesn't go far, but Sadie is satisfied with Clayton throwing it a foot.
  • One of my favorite things is when I tell her "I love you" she makes a kissy noise back.  Melts my heart every time. 
  • Now has a total of nine teeth.  She added three molars to the mix over the last month pretty much all at the same time.  No fussing that we noticed so teething hasn't been too bad for her (or us).
  • She always has ants in her pants and is a nightmare to get her diaper changed.  She doesn't like to sit still that long and frequently has to be held down.  Or if her diaper gets changed she runs around with no pants or her bottoms not buttoned because getting the diaper on was the best we could do at that time.

I'll end with a quote from Johnny Depp I heard recently that made me laugh, "When kids hit 1 year old, it's like hanging out with a miniature drunk. You have to hold onto them.  They bump into things.  They laugh and cry.  They urinate.  They vomit."
(Thankfully no vomiting here, but definitely all the rest.)

    1 comment: