Monday, January 30, 2012

1st Family Church Sunday

We spent another weekend in Tupelo.
We went to church for the first time as a family.
I was apprehensive about leaving Clayton in the nursery.  Actually, I said I was going to stay with her the first time.  I didn't want to traumatize her since she hasn't been left with strangers.  (Note: I'm not opposed to her crying however I don't want to torture someone else.  Our niece cried almost the entire time she went to the church nursery for the first time and I don't want Clayton to be scared of church.)  But, when we went to the nursery she looked like she would be fine and they assured me that if she started crying they don't let them cry long and sent me to the service with a pager in case she needed us.  We left with her staring at another baby.  We went to the worship service (watched the pager for an hour) and rushed back to get her.  Yep, she was fine.  It was her parents who were messes.  We looked into the window and Clayton with snacks in hand was shaking an exersaucer as hard as possible.  The nice lady said, "Oh, I didn't know she could walk."  Think we were directed to a room that was a little too young for her, so next time we are going to put her in a room with kids a bit older than her.

In celebration of Clayton going to church, we went to lunch.  Clayton was well-behaved, which is an extreme rarity at restaurants these days.
And when we got home, we took (attempted) a family photo on our front steps.
 
After Harris realized that Sadie's butt in our face wasn't picture-perfect, he tried to redirect her.
She took this as a plea for kisses.
 
 

 
And the winner...
We spent the rest of the afternoon outside.
Many thanks to the Bolton's for her adorable sweater (my parent's neighbors for my entire life.  We even built houses next to each other.  They must like us....or can't get rid of us.).  They brought it back from a trip to Italy.  Gender-neutral green since Clayton was a mystery before she made her appearance.  
I love the pointed hoodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment