Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Anxious Baby

When we were living in Nashville after we were married, we traveled almost every weekend.  Sadie started having panic attacks on the drive.  She would tremble and pant nearly the entire trip.  At first we thought she needed to potty and after pulling over a few times, we realized that wasn't the problem.  We contributed it to the amount of 18-wheelers and the terrible traffic on the interstate from Nashville to Memphis.

Now that we are living in Tupelo and traveling nearly every weekend, she started panicking again.  We've tried everything trying to figure out what triggers it.  I've sat in the back and let her ride in the front;  we have tried driving in my car over Harris' and vice-versa; and we've locked her up while we pack so she didn't see us loading the car.  It's still a mystery.   However it's now a sedated mystery.
I hated to give her pills but since she's getting older, I worried that she would work herself into such a frenzy that she would have a heart attack (not sure if this is possible but I'm a worrying momma).  She sure gets a good night's sleep.
 Yep, she's asleep.  Her eyes are closed but her eye lids are so droopy that the red shows.
We're hoping she overcomes her anxiety soon as we hate to drug her every trip.  My sweet anxious baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment