Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Colorado- Day 4 (Tuesday, Sept. 20)

Tuesday, we started the day early and my parents, Mary, Clayton and I ventured to Maroon Bells.  Maroon Bells are two peaks and is said to be the "most-photographed spot in Colorado".  It surely is my favorite spot.
 
Always the photographer.
My cousin told us to keep our windows closed at nights because of the bears (think she was kidding), but it freaked Mary out.  So I thought it best to tell her about this sign until after we left.  ha
Clayton said we woke her up too early and was ready for a nap.
 Love this pic.
We headed back to Snowmass for lunch at Brothers' Grille.  Below is a glimpse of the Snowmass Club golf course.  I don't play golf but this course was so pretty it made me want to play (well actually, ride in the golf cart and drink).
After lunch, Harris, Clayton and I drove to Ashcroft, an old mining town 10 miles south of Aspen that is basically just a ghost town now.  As the road came to a dead end not far after driving through Ashcroft, we saw a jeep/ATV trail.  Of course Harris had to explore.
On our way home, we took Owl Creek Road, a scenic road connecting Aspen to Snowmass.  It was elk migration time and they were grazing in the field.
Listening to the bugling elk was a great end to a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment