Friday, September 30, 2011

Consignment Sales

I have an addiction to children's consignment sales.  (Harris says I'm addicted.  In reality, I'm addicted to paying a fourth of the price for Clayton's toys.  So can't say it's a bad addiction.)  And I thought I'd pass this "addiction" along to any other moms out there who haven't discovered consignment sales.  

I went to my first one in the Spring and went to a bunch this Fall.  I choose to buy primarily toys which all can be sanitized but you can find clothes and many more things.  Children's toys are so expensive and it's a shot in the dark if they will actually play with them and if they do they usually outgrow/loose interest rather quickly.  


Here are a FEW of my "deals":


LSU stroller $10
retails $70
Baby Einstein DVDS- 5 for $8.50
retail $12 around each ($60)

Baby Jail $15
Fisher-Price Bounce and Spin Zebra $7
retails around $40
Rather Annoying "Racecar" that she LOVES $2
Little Tikes Rocking Chair $5
retails for $35
Little Tikes Picnic Table $10
retails around $60
(Bow $1.  There was a bow vendor there that was selling NEW bows.  I don't put bows in her hair yet, this was just for the picture I sent Harris.)
Little Tikes Push Car $15
She LOVES LOVES LOVES this car.
Little Tikes Cozy Cruisin Wagon $22
retails for $60
I've bought many more toys at great prices but these are just a few that I could find pics of quickly.  After I bring them home, I have a massive cleaning operation and sanitize the heck out of them.  

A few tips if you're interested: 
Google children's consignment sales in your area if you are interested.  I found a website that has most of the Memphis ones listed with the dates.  They are typically held one in the Spring and one in the Fall.


If you a consignor or volunteer, you are given early passes.  These are considered gold in the world of consignment sales.  Also many times they allow you to shop early if you are a new grandparent or new mom.  Check out the sale's website/Facebook page prior to the sale as many times you have to sign up for these and the passes may run out.  And if you really want to get first dibs on everything then the key is to volunteer as volunteers get to shop the earliest.  I haven't resorted to this yet.  (Also, it's a great avenue to clean out your closets and make some money.)

No comments:

Post a Comment