Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Colorado- Day 7 (Friday, Sept. 23)

Sadly, we had to leave on Friday.  My parents, Clayton and I flew out of Aspen early Friday morning.  Clayton wasn't happy about it.
The number and size of private jets at the Aspen Airport was impressive!
The views flying to Denver were pretty.
Clayton thought so too.
She slept the majority of the flight and then woke up as we were about to land.
We had a short layover in Denver, grabbed some lunch and then on to Memphis.
The flight to Memphis started out a little "rough" as Clayton decided she needed to poo as we were taxiing to take-off.  She fell asleep quickly after that and so I just put a blanket over her to try to contain any smell and my sweet baby slept the entire flight.

Harris drove from Aspen to Denver to catch his flight into Nashville.  He had a late flight so was able to spend another day in Aspen.  He "jeeped" down the slopes of Aspen and enjoyed lunch again at Little Annie's.  
He drove to Denver via Independence Pass and said it was the most beautiful drive he's ever been on.
In conclusion of our trip.....it was an amazing, gorgeous trip and still holds the title of my favorite place to vacation in the summer/fall.  (Of course, I love the beach too.)  Although I'm thinking someone replaced my baby with a perfect angel for the trip cause she couldn't have behaved any better for all the flights and while in Colorado.  The memories of Colorado we will have forever!

But Sadie says, "No more trips anytime soon cause I can only handle being at the kennel every few years."  To say she was happy to see us is an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment