Clayton had her 18 month old check-up on Friday. She definitely knows what happens at the doctor's office and wasn't happy about the nurse even looking at her. She did graduate from the baby scale to the big girl scale.
She weighs 25 pounds, is 33.25" tall, and her head is 18 3/4" around.

And then I asked if her speech development was normal. He asked if I would say she knew more or less than 15 words. I thought a bit and said I guess 15 words. He said she may be two months behind but that we will watch it and he starts aggressive speech therapy at 2 years if there are delays.



There are no shots pictures at this check-up because my mom decided to film them instead. But I think it's too much to post.
Clayton thought the sucker was an insufficient "I'm sorry" gift from the nurse.
So we left and I decided I'd add up her words and sounds (he said those count too):
She weighs 25 pounds, is 33.25" tall, and her head is 18 3/4" around.
Dr. Y came in and checked her out. The two highlights that we discussed were potty training and her speech. I told him about her not wanting to keep her diaper on and he said then it was time to start potty training. He said since she was so young that it would take us 2 months to potty train versus 2 weeks for older kids. Uhhh.......do I really want to tackle 2 months of potty training?!

And then I asked if her speech development was normal. He asked if I would say she knew more or less than 15 words. I thought a bit and said I guess 15 words. He said she may be two months behind but that we will watch it and he starts aggressive speech therapy at 2 years if there are delays.
We got her dressed and waited for the bad nurse to come back for shots.



There are no shots pictures at this check-up because my mom decided to film them instead. But I think it's too much to post.
Clayton thought the sucker was an insufficient "I'm sorry" gift from the nurse.
So we left and I decided I'd add up her words and sounds (he said those count too):
- ba-ba (bottle)
- da-da
- ma-ma
- PawPaw
- wa-wa (water)
- tiger sound
- moooo (cow)
- puppy dog sound
- thank you
- heeeeey
- cat
- duck
- mmmmmmmmm
- dog
- nose
- eye
- hot
- uh-oh
- cheese
- bab-bo (boo-boo)
- hat
- ow (hurts)
- hello
- ball
- plane
- no
So needless to say, I'm not worried and feel bad for slighting my little baby's speech. She knows way more than 15 words.
Harris said we had to get her ice cream for a treat.

Excuse the funk on her outfit. We couldn't figure out what it was and then realized that the car seat straps have funk on them and it rubbed on her outfit. It's since been cleaned.
Harris said we had to get her ice cream for a treat.

Excuse the funk on her outfit. We couldn't figure out what it was and then realized that the car seat straps have funk on them and it rubbed on her outfit. It's since been cleaned.








No comments:
Post a Comment