My best friend, Rachel, had her second baby on Tuesday. They found out they were having a boy the first time but decided to keep this one a mystery.
As her family waited in the waiting room with anticipation, we finally got a text from John that the baby had arrived. He sent a few above the waist pictures keeping us in suspense. Then he sent a picture that showed the ID bracelet. I told Rachel's aunt, "Let's look on the ID bracelet," thinking it would continue our speculating of any slight thing we could see. I looked at the picture, zoomed in.....
and plain as day it said GIRL!!!!!
I was beyond ecstatic and trying to contain myself. They asked me if it said anything and I said, "No!" not wanting to ruin John's big announcement. Rachel's brother and sister-in-law saw my wide eyes as I looked at the picture and took a look for themselves. Big smiles appeared on their faces. Then Rachel's dad studied his camera and started yelling, "It says GIRL!" I started filming as the grandmothers realized it was a girl.
We were all thrilled. I wanted Rachel to have a girl so bad. I know the joy Clayton brings me (not that a boy doesn't bring any) but Rachel had to experience bows, panties, and frilly, pink clothes for herself.
After talking about Garner having a little sister and how excited we were, John came out to make what he thought was the big announcement.
When he announced her name, Neeley KATHRYN Bennett, I lost it. Hence why the camera shuts off.
I knew if she had a little girl the first name would be Neeley (Rachel's maiden name) but she completely blindsided me with Kathryn. She even B-Sed me a few days before telling me middle names she was "considering". Anyhow, I am beyond flattered.

Neeley Kathryn Bennett
June 19, 2012
12:58pm
7 pounds 2 ounces
19.25 inches


Now Clayton has a boyfriend and a best friend!
As her family waited in the waiting room with anticipation, we finally got a text from John that the baby had arrived. He sent a few above the waist pictures keeping us in suspense. Then he sent a picture that showed the ID bracelet. I told Rachel's aunt, "Let's look on the ID bracelet," thinking it would continue our speculating of any slight thing we could see. I looked at the picture, zoomed in.....
and plain as day it said GIRL!!!!!
I was beyond ecstatic and trying to contain myself. They asked me if it said anything and I said, "No!" not wanting to ruin John's big announcement. Rachel's brother and sister-in-law saw my wide eyes as I looked at the picture and took a look for themselves. Big smiles appeared on their faces. Then Rachel's dad studied his camera and started yelling, "It says GIRL!" I started filming as the grandmothers realized it was a girl.
After talking about Garner having a little sister and how excited we were, John came out to make what he thought was the big announcement.
I knew if she had a little girl the first name would be Neeley (Rachel's maiden name) but she completely blindsided me with Kathryn. She even B-Sed me a few days before telling me middle names she was "considering". Anyhow, I am beyond flattered.

Neeley Kathryn Bennett
June 19, 2012
12:58pm
7 pounds 2 ounces
19.25 inches


Now Clayton has a boyfriend and a best friend!






No comments:
Post a Comment