Friday, May 10, 2013

29 Months

29 Month Claytonisms:
  • "I wanna do it" is frequently spoken by Clayton these days.  She is becoming more and more independent and wanting to do things herself.  One thing in particular is getting in and out of the car.  Not only does this slow the process of getting somewhere but makes me cringe as she insists on getting out of the car seat and car herself.  I typically like to attempt to prevent her from smashing her face on the concrete if at all possible.
  • "I wanna see poo poo" is also another frequently spoken phrase.  She loves looking at poo.  Hers, Sadie's and now Charles'.  She makes a sour face and says, "yuck."  We never said she was normal.
  • Clayton used to say quickly "yeah" in the cutest, Clayton way.  Now it's been replaced with a more serious "yes."
  • While we were in the hospital welcoming Charles, Clayton's speech has taken off.  I'm guessing this is just because we were away from her but literally it seemed like in two days her vocabulary received a huge boost.  Yet, this made me sad as I realized how quickly she is growing up. 
  • Clayton has a case of "I want that, I want that, I want that" when she looks at magazines.  It then turns to "I want all of that."
  • My mom has taught her thumbs up but instead of her thumb, Clayton holds up her pointer finger.  Love!
  • Santa brought Clayton a tricycle for Christmas and she wasn't quite able to pedal herself.  Now it's official...Clayton is a tricycle master!  She loves pedaling as fast as she can and then yells, "fast, fast, fast."
  • Oh my, Clayton is painfully shy.  She has the cutest, most outgoing personality around people she knows and then turns into a mute, timid little girl when she encounters an unfamiliar face.  She will hug my legs or wants me to hold her.  She is downright scared of men but she is also shy around other children.  
  • Clayton's version of counting is one then tree (3).  She has no place for two.
  • She loves to jump off steps.  One of the lessons I learn from her is to find the joy in the simple things.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment