I can't believe our little baby who was born "yesterday" is 1. It has been a year of many wonderful memories. I have loved every minute of being a mom and couldn't imagine life without Clayton. She makes life so much more complete. God knew exactly what he was doing when he sent this surprise into our life. (Yes, she was a surprise.)
Here's some fun facts for Clayton at 1:
- Officially a walker. About a week before you turned one you just took off. Crawling very few times but a majority of the time you are walking.
- Loves sitting on my stomach as I lay on the floor and pounce up and down laughing. My stomach muscles need to tighten if you plan on continuing this 'fun' as you get heavier.
- Giggles and chuckles throughout the day. Is a very happy baby and make everyone around you happy as well.
- Likes to be held when you wake up. Put you down immediately and you think life has ended.
- When we say "no" you wave your hand violently from side to side. We consider this a new trick. However, you continue doing whatever it is you aren't supposed to be doing.
- Loves clapping your hands to Patty Cake. If you're crying and we sing Patty Cake, it most of the time diverts your attention and it's Patty Cake time.
- Loves your sister Sadie and pretty much any dog you see. Shares all of your food with Sadie which definitely was the way to Sadie's heart. She now loves (tolerates) you all the time.
- You really love cats as well. Follows your Mimi and Pawpaw's cat, Tommy, around the house and giggles with excitement when he lays down allowing you to pet him violently. Loves giving him kisses. We plan on getting you your very own one of these days.
- Is a climber. Climbs in chairs and then stands up. When I tell you to sit you rarely will until I start coming towards you and then you quickly sit. Of course, then stand up again once I turn my back. Stands on any toys or anything you can possibly stand on. I see stitches in your future.
- If you has gotten a hold of something that you shouldn't have and we try to get it from you, you run away as fast as you can laughing.
- Is a dancer. Loves listening to music and dances anytime you hear any music whether it's on the tv, ipod, or a toy.
- It's impossible to work on the computer unless you're napping as you want in my lap and to type (bang on the keys).
- Incredible sleeper. You sleep for 12 hours most nights. Your bed time is between 8 and 8:30. You have been sleeping through the night since 7 weeks and rarely wake up in the middle of the night. If you do, you take a ba-ba and go back to sleep. Most times we think it's because you had a bad dream. You usually wake up between 8 and 9. Sometimes later. (Your definitely value sleep like your momma.)
- Great napper. You are usually up 2 hours and then ready for another nap. You take two long naps a day. Usually 2 to 3 hours. During this time, I either work on the computer or clean up the messes you've made all over the house.
- Your Pawpaw says you only have two speeds, on and off. You are constantly into something and on the move. I say you are an ADHD poster child. But I can't complain because you get it from me. You certainly keep me busy. Mimi says watching Clayton is a full-time job and I'll agree with that one.
- Wear size 4 diapers and 18 months clothes. Some of your clothes are 24 months but you should be able to wear them for a bit longer.
- Hated dresses because it hindered you from crawling. So I'm thrilled you are walking. I'll be excited once you have walking down pat because it's only dresses for you missy.
- Is a huge momma's girl. We spend all day together and it shows. I'm enjoying every minute of it as I know it won't be long that mom isn't fun to be around anymore.
- Still have the most gorgeous blue eyes. Definitely got them from your da-da. You get compliments wherever we go.
- You are a ham in public. You like to flirt with everyone as you sit in the shopping cart. You smile really big, show your teeth, and it wrinkles your nose. Then when they stop paying you attention, you yell "ah" to try to get it back.
There's so much more I could say about our little angel. The joy you bring us is indescribable and we are beyond blessed every day God gives us with you.
You're excited about your birthday party!
but so sweepy!



No comments:
Post a Comment