Another month has flown by and Clayton is now 17 months old!
- Her vocabulary has grown significantly in the last month. She is saying much more and repeating more words and sounds.
- Unscrewing tops is her favorite thing to do this month. I've since added more cabinet locks and drawer locks around the house. There is a big difference in carrying around a closed bottle of lotion opposed to taking the choking-hazard top off and running around attempting to paint the house with lotion.
- If she lives under our roof, we are going to put her to work. Her first chore is feeding Sadie. I fill up the cup and she runs to Sadie's bowl, stiff-arming Sadie to move, and attempts to get the majority of the dog food in the bowl. Then she runs back to the food bin and gives Sadie additional food until she gets bored with it and moves on to the next thing. Sadie is thoroughly enjoying Clayton feeding her.
- She had her first experience with nature attacking last month. A tick made himself a home in Clayton's head. Gross! I killed and saved it to make sure she didn't get sick but all is ok. Also she got a small amount of poison ivy on her chest. No biggie and it went away without any treatment.
- Not only has her vocabulary grown over the last month but her love of a variety of foods has as well. She isn't as picky and will try many new foods this month. Fried anything is still her favorite.
- Clayton has decided that having poop in her diaper during nap time is not okay. So the solution is to either take off her diaper if she is able and then throw the poop pellets across the room or rid the diaper of poop. Yes, I spared you any visuals of this new hobby cause I definitely have documented it.
- Our high tech baby now knows how to unlock our iphones. Many of my apps have been rearranged and she's deleted a few of Harris'.
- As hyper as she is, she will lay down and look at photos and videos of herself on our phones. We put it on slideshow mode and hold the phone for her to watch until our arm gets tired. She gets this from her da as he gripes about taking pictures but sure loves to look at pictures of himself.
- She shakes her head and says no (more like nah) to questions that she definitely has an opinion about. I'm obsessed with her little curls shaking back and forth so I ask a bunch of questions that 99% of the time receive no answers such as, "Do you want to take a nap?".
- Clayton has definitely been trying her mother a little more this month. Or I should say, she is getting to be more opinionated on what she should be doing. She knows when she isn't supposed to be doing something and gives me a look testing to see if I react. If I tell her no or to get down (which is a bunch) she slowly covers her eyes with her hands and then peeks out a few times. I think she thinks this makes her invisible. Newsflash, Clayton....it doesn't.
- I've finally realized that she has been saying "thank you" for awhile now. Glad she has picked up on some manners since I make sure I tell her thank you anytime she hands me something or does what she is asked.
- She likes to wake up easy and definitely gets this from her mom. If she has to wake up abruptly, she is cranky.....Not that I am at all. I'm trying to get Harris used to that if she's content playing in her bed for a bit after she wakes up it is best for all around to let her.
- Speaking of her da. Her and her da are ridiculous. He refuses to spank her when she is being a clown and climbing on top of tables. And when I do, he tells her, "Come see your da. Your mom is being so mean to you." Since I'm with her 24/7, she definitely is a momma's girl. But she is da's little princess that can't do anything wrong.







No comments:
Post a Comment